Another day, another box office record shattered. The Avengers has crossed the $400 million mark in the United States to become the fastest film to the mark in history. It’s also become Disney’s biggest earner of all time and has passed Toy Story 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest on the all-time list.
Here are some of the records it’s broken:
- Fastest film to reach $350 million (10 days), $300 million (9 days), $250 million (8 days), $200 million (5 days), $150 million (3 days) and $100 million (2 days).
- Biggest opening weekend of all time.
- Best use of the word quim.
- Best way to increase shawarma sales.
- Biggest domestic opening weekend of all time.
- Awesomest Hulk.
- Inspired most uses of the words “awesome” and “epic” on Facebook feeds.
- Most times a God has been used like a rag doll.
- Most promises by fans to buy the film on Blu Ray.
- Most Google searches.
- Fastest way to get guys to search “Scarlett Johansson tight black widow costume”
- Fastest way to get girls to search “Black Widow scarlett johansson halloween costume”
- Best way to get millions of people to tweet/Facebook “Hulk Smash.”
- Fastest increase in gym memberships.
- Fastest increase in “Thor workout” Google searches.
- Most people to quote the same movie at the same time and start to annoy people around them.
- Fastest way to get Christopher Nolan/Dark Knight Fanboys into a defensive position.
- Most news stories/blog posts about Avengers box office records.
I’m sure as time goes records will fall faster than the death of the newspaper industry. [Deadline]